Aquafit also utilizes current exercise equipment and treatment areas to create individualized, research based physical therapy programs.
- Treadmill – used forward, backward and lateral with or without incline
- Semi-Recumbent Elliptical - un-weighted arm & leg strengthening
- Semi-Recumbent Cycle – un-weighted leg strengthening
- Cable Column – resisted arm and leg strengthening
- Upper Body Ergometer – resisted arm strengthening
Neuro Muscular Fascilitation (NMR):
- PNF (Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation) – defined as a system for promoting the response of neuromuscular mechanisms by stimulating the proprioceptors. Used to facilitate or enhance a muscle contraction using stretch techniques and verbal cueing.
- Functional Electric Stimulation – utilizing electrical stimulation to facilitate or enhance a muscle contraction.
- Patellofemoral taping – tape used to re-educate the muscles for proper tracking of the knee cap and pain reduction. Using rigid and flexible taping techniques.
- Parallel bars, cones, training steps, treadmill – all equipment to enhance walking and balance skills.
- PresSion – sequential compression unit used to reduce swelling in the arms or legs
- Soft Tissue Massage – facilitates a reduction in swelling with manual compression
- Electrical Stimulation – uses electrical impulses to affect nerve conduction and reduce pain
- Iontophoresis – electrical stimulation treatment that delivers medication to tissues
- Ultrasound – uses thermal and non-thermal effects to treat muscles and joints
- Phonophoresis – ultrasound treatment that delivers medication to tissues